Saturday started with sleeping in...NO alarm clocks!! My mom knows me all too well. She asked me what my plans were for my bday, I told her I did not have much planned. She urged me to relax this weekend because I run 100 miles an hour 24/7 and I need a break. I appreciated that advice. :)We woke up and made our way to Kneaders for their delicious unlimited french toast. That was J's first experience, he had 3 and wasn't hungry for the rest of the day. HA!
After the Kneader's food coma, I made my way to Salt Lake City for some birthday shopping. I am not a lover for shopping, I actually dread it. Don't get me wrong, I love new clothes but hate the process. :) If I do go shopping, I usually make a list and get in and get out, hopefully without losing my sanity. I accomplished that yesterday. I got some new shirts, jeans, and way cute new shoes. I am all about COLOR!
![]() |
| Cute, right?! |
My husband created an elaborate plan to have our friends from Logan come down and decorate our apt. while we were gone to the BYU basketball game.
| Thanks for the tickets Anna & Rhett! |
After the game, we headed home and lo and behold, as we open the door, a huge "surprise" and silly string found me at the door. What a great surprise to have people that love you being willing to sacrifice and celebrate with you. The Morby's and Dove's did a fabulous job at decorating our place. My husband went all out with the gold decorations. Gold necklaces, stars, coins, crowns, and even gold mullets. Haha. Good job LOVE!
Jason has this plan concocted for awhile. He even rearranged all of our furniture in our apartment, in order for everyone to be able to fit. Isn't he awesome? I had no idea why he was moving everything around, but I like the new change.
I had to give up something I love to eat for my substance abuse class. I, without thinking much about my birthday, gave up all sweets/desserts. Because of this assignment, my husband made a HUGE and delicious fruit salad for all of us to eat, instead of cake and ice cream. Cake and ice cream are a lot more interesting, but I am holding strong and am NOT going to relapse:) J put candles in the fruit salad and everyone sang. I could go without the singing, it mostly just makes me uncomfortable and really awkward. But, I appreciate J's willingness to support me in my assignment. It has been rough the past couple of days and wanting brownies, cookies, and ice cream. As you get older, isn't that the joy in birthdays? HA.
I am grateful to be surrounded by such caring, loving, and supportive friends. Thank you all for coming and celebrating with us.
![]() |
| Great, huh? |
J got me a great calendar of pics of us, I asked for this:) It is wonderful. He got me a new bike helmet and biking glasses! I am now stylin'. Thanks J!
I just had the best phone call I could have received on my birthday...one of my favorite people from Ukraine called me to wish me happy birthday! Valya from Hmelnitski!!!! I was screaming in the phone and did not know what to say. I haven't spoken Russian in over a year... i was a little, or A LOT, rusty! But, what a great gift. THank you Valya! You are a great woman and have such a beautiful spirit! SPASIBO!!!!






Happy Birthday! Your party looked way fun. I was sad when Jason told us about it and we couldn't come! I am glad you had a great day on your golden birthday!
ReplyDelete1. Kneaders French Toast is the BEST!!! Did you know they opened one up here in Logan? I need to go there. Like, NOW.
ReplyDelete2. Your hair is so long and pretty and brown! Looking good for the ripe old age of 26!
3. I feel like I comment on all of your posts. Sorry if that's annoying. But I figure everyone likes comments, right??