Jason was in charge this year and he did a great job of planning. We started the date off by going to see "The Vow," it was a lot different than I was anticipating. But, it was fun to see a chick flick, that does not happen very often!
After seeing the movie, we walked around the Riverwoods and did some window shopping. We made our way home to exchange gifts. My husband is easy to shop for, he loves skiing, anything outdoors-related, all sports, and candy. I got him a book on tape for his travels up to Snowbird twice a week, it is all about Steve Jobs. He asked for the book "Outliers," I am not quite sure what it is about, but he is stoked to read it.
J wrote me a wonderful card that made me cry. All I ever ask for is a genuine heartfelt letter and I would be fine. Well, he went overboard this year, but I am very grateful that he is so willing to show his love. He got me beautiful roses that I love! It is so sad that they die so quickly. I have been asking for a silver ring that I can wear when I workout. I workout and then swim on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I do not like to swim with my ring so I end up not wear anything. He got me a beautiful (fake) silver band with diamonds. I love it, it is not expensive, which I love, but makes me feel comfortable leaving the house without my wedding ring on. He bought a beautiful blue bracelet to go along with that.


My parents got us two gift cards to a nice steak house, Fleming's, in Salt Lake. We thought it would be a perfect time to use them. Our reservation was not until 9pm so, we walked around Gateway for a little and did some more window shopping. Z Gallerie was full of great art work, paintings, and fun ideas for the future :). The dinner was amazing!! J had a full pound of steak, that's 16 oz!!!! Holy cow, needless to say, he was full. It was nice to be together and just enjoy each other's company.
 |
| This is a great life motto for me. I love it! |
 |
| I need this, especially while being in grad school! |
 |
| Ignore the massive zit on my forehead! ha |
I love my husband. I am grateful we have a day set aside specifically to devote ourselves to one another. I love love;)
I like your new hair. Need to see you guys soon. Happy Birthday coming up too :)
ReplyDeleteFlemings! I've heard of that place. Reading all your posts makes me miss you lots and lots.
ReplyDeleteYou two are so cute! Love you!
ReplyDelete