Sunday, February 12

New Friends=New Adventures!

I feel like I just sat down yesterday to write my weekly blog. This week was a whirlwind, but I knew that was going to happen. One day runs into the next, then it is all of a sudden a new week.

"Time flies when you are having fun."

This past week was great! We headed over to Brooke and Adam's to celebrate Adam's 26th birthday and to our surprise Brooke announced she was prego!!!!! Brooke and I have known each other for about 8 years now. We were in the same major, in the MTC at the same time, both married our best friends and made our way down to Provo. It has been fun getting to hang out with them. They are great people with amazing testimonies of the gospel. I was so happy to hear that Brooke is preggors, HOW FUN!!!!

Adam's bebe is clearly larger than Brooke's!


Tuesday night, Scott and Heather came over to watch the Jazz game. We met them in our ward down here and have become good friends with them. They are both active, social, and love sports. We get along great. It was nice to have them over and just be able to chat with them, they are easy going and very easy to talk to. I forgot to take a picture. We overate yummy pizza, salad, and ice cream. After the Jazz game, we discussed the trivial matters like Bachelor and Biggest Loser, haha.

We made it to the temple early Saturday morning and were able to do sealings. We set a goal for ourselves regarding the temple and it has been wonderful to see the blessings of that diligence in our daily lives. The temple is a place of refuge for me, I am able to put all worries aside and feel the peace that the House of the Lord brings. I am grateful that my husband and I could go together and renew our commitment to the Lord.

Saturdays, in the winter, usually bring one thing...SKIING! We headed up to Snowbird to get away from Provo and our school work, what a relief that we can do that together. The snow was not amazing, but it was fun to be up there again. It has been a year since I have snowboarded, I was a little rusty:)


coverage was not exceptional, but it was fun!

the classic chair lift pic.


We were able to hang out with two new couples from our ward and it was a BLAST! We have been trying to get together with Rhett and Annie (Anna is her real name, but for some reason I called her Annie) since we met them a couple months back... our schedules finally matched! There is a newly married couple in the ward, Tyler (Matt, he looks like a Matt to me) and Katie, and we wanted to get to know them better. They are super laid back and easy to be with, so we had a group date last night. We all love the show, '"Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" so we headed up to SLC where Guy Fietti had visited. It is called Lonestar Taqueria. It was awesome!! We laughed a ton telling past memories/stories. We made our way back to our place for some games and treats and stayed up laughing until midnight. Something to the effect of Justin Bieber, raves, eating sweets secretly in the corner, boobs, soiled things, and much more. ;) It was so much fun to be with great people! Thank you Rhett, Annie, Matt, and Katie for the great night! 



This past week went by really fast, but it was great to spend time with good friends! We are really blessed. 

Happy Valentine's Day!!




2 comments:

  1. Hey I saw your blog on Teri's blog and I decided I'm going to follow you. Sounds like a way fun week. Even though I wouldn't change being a mommy for anything, I miss those days of staying up late with friends and doing spur of the moment dinner dates. :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your hair BROWN???? Looking good, gurl. :)

    ReplyDelete