Tuesday, May 22

Tender Mercies

I think life has a way of working out it's own kinks. Timing in my life is impeccable. Here is why...

Today has been a struggle for me. I am working full time at my internship. I have really connected with my supervisors, they feel more like parents to me than actual supervisors. I love Guerry and Elsebeth! They have made my internship experience wonderful! The staff at The Green House Center are amazing, super supportive and funny. I laugh daily, for those of you that know me, know that is what I need. :)

The only struggle is that I sometimes feel like I am not accomplishing all that I want to. I do not have that many clients, which makes for VERY slow days. I have 2 clients right now, which is hard. I want to be doing more therapy and making a difference in someone's life. I want to be learning and continually growing in my abilities. When I don't meet with clients, then I am learning in other ways, which is great. But, I really want to help people, not push papers around. I do not want to sound like I am ungrateful, because I am not. I just need to be patient, I will get my chance.

Because I was feeling off ("not my usual self"), I decided to take a lunch break and re-group. I headed over to Cafe Rio for a free lunch. Sidenote: i think it is funny that you have to spend over $50 to get a $5 free meal. Gotta love it! Anyways, I sat and ate lunch and read a wonderful conference talk by President Uchtdorf titled, "You Are Not Forgotten." I have read and re-read this talk multiple times, but it speaks to me every time. Obviously, I still have things to remember and solidify in my head and heart:)

I read one part that spoke to me clearly today, " God knows that some of the greatest souls who have ever lived are those who will never appear in the chronicles of history. They are the blessed, humble souls who emulate the Savior's example and spend the days of their lives doing good." I am not someone that will be remembered throughout the world for what I have done in my life, but I hope to make a difference in a few lives of those I come in contact with. I continue to look for ways to reach out to those around me, whether it be in my internship or not. I may not accomplish all that I 'thought' I would in my internship, and that's okay.

I spent the evening in the Jordan River temple tonight. J was out selling and I took some time to be in the Lord's house. It was great for me to be reminded of the blessings and promises there. I am grateful that I can go and get away from the world and be rejuvenated through the gospel. It was just what I needed.


J and I met with our new bishop tonight and got a calling! We are finally teaching together!!! We couldn't be more thrilled. We are going to be teaching the 10 year olds. :) Yep, we will be in Primary.  J gets some kid-time in to prep for the ever illusive day of when we will have kids. YAY! My life is surrounded by children...

Life is funny to me. I get in these slumps sometimes and I always have tender mercies from the Lord that remind me that I am not forgotten. I am loved, remembered, and cared for by my Heavenly Father. A good friend wrote me a few days ago and told me some nice words and I think it is quite ironic of the timing. I was happy that I could look back on her note and be reminded that there is someone out there that I have touched.

I needed to write this out, more for my catharsis, than anyone's pleasure of reading. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment