Now that my life has slowed down a bit, I am back into the blogging world. Hoorah!
Well, we have officially moved from Provo to South Jordan. We have closed that chapter in our book. It was bittersweet. We really loved Provo because of the friends we met there. But, it is not the end of our friendships and that is most important.
A funny story about the moving day. We loaded up that trailer and put our king mattress on top. Cindy and I are cruising behind J down the highway and notice that the mattress had come loose and was ALMOST off of the trailer going 80 miles an hour! Cindy called him immediately and we were telling him, "hurry, pull over!" We got off the highway just fine and were able to tie it down better. It was scary there for a minute! It has made for a good laugh between us.
My cousins helped us move, it was great! We moved everything into our storage unit in less than a half hour. Thank you Deric for your organization skills- we needed it. I didn't even have to ask for their help, they were willing to just jump right in. I guess that's what family is for. It was fun to have one last get-together with Tanner and Ty before they both leave to serve the Lord for 2 years. It was awesome family time, lots of laugh, but it always is with the Ravsten's.
 |
| Love my family. Thanks guys! |
We have finally settled into our apartment here in South Jordan. The drive to work isn't too heinous. It is only 15 miles AND i miss all of utah county traffic, which is great. The only bummer about our life right now is that I do not see enough of my man. We have very different schedules. I usually get up before him and leave before he is awake. I get home from work about 5-6 and he is still out until 10-10:30. Let's just say, we are adjusting. The only bonus is that I now have enough free time to actually get in a good work out. Thank goodness for that. My sanity will stay intact ;) This past year has been hard to have a steady work out schedule, mostly due to school, school, and school. Cheers to being sane!
We have been spoiled in our first few years of marriage. We have seen a ton of each other, I have quite enjoyed it! In order to not go crazy, we spent Saturday night together and had a little date night. This is not out of the norm for us, but it was much needed for me :) We went out for a fish dinner at McGrath's Fish House ( or something like that), hit some balls at the driving range ( I am terrible and have ZERO patience for golf), made homemade rocky road ice cream, hit the hot tub, and watched an awesome documentary. It sounds like a lot- we didn't go to bed until 1 am.
 |
| Stretching, he's getting old;) |
 |
| Terrible form, I know. HA! |
 |
| But, at least I hit it. |
We skyped with my parents on Sunday to wish my mom a happy mother's day. I love her for her strength and example of courage. She is a strong women and my best friend. Thank you for all that you do for Jason and I. We love you.
Life looks busy for the Bakers, but life is best being full of good things! After last year I thought that we were the ones that liked moving but I think you and Jason win the award! I hope you like your new place in SLC and I seriously am counting down the days until you can tell me all about it in person!
ReplyDelete