Friday, May 18

Bucket List

At the start of each year, I like to give myself goals that are attainable and realistic. In January, when I sat down to write them. I began with the spiritual things that I felt were very important to me. I noticed that the goals I set for myself last year become habits for me, which is what you want, right?! I continue to pursue the goals I set for myself in the same manner I did last year. I hope to solidify those habits even more as the year rolls on.

My dad's number one "lecture/ talk" to us growing up was about balancing our lives appropriately. There is a daily need for spiritual, social, emotional, and physical aspects to enrich our days and help us to become well-rounded individuals. I can say that this has not always been easy. I struggled with keeping a good balance in my first year (mostly first semester) of graduate school. I felt like I had no time to do what I wanted/needed in order to be sane. I made a firm goal to incorporate more of what I "needed" into my life second semester. And, I am still here today to talk about it, so I guess it worked;)

In making that firm decision, I not only focused on the spiritual aspect, but I wanted to make physical goals for myself for the summer. Last summer I wasn't able to do what I wanted, I was out knocking doors 'trying' to sell Coloradans pest control. Let's just say that I would rather do anything else in the world than sell pest control. I did not love it, but I accomplished my goal for the summer. I was lucky enough to not have to work my first year of grad school and was able to devote my full attention on that beast!

ANYWAYS....I made a bucket list of to-do's for myself this summer and I am going to accomplish them ALL! I am stoked. The one that I am most excited about it is the Top of Utah half marathon in August. Anyone that knows me, knows that I hate running. But, I have always wanted to accomplish this goal. As long as I have friends there to do it with me, I'll be fine! I am still trying to convince my man to do it with me. He doesn't have much time to train, but he is a Baker, he could get out there and run better than most without training.

In lieu of my training regime and NEEDING new running shoes. I got some new kicks the other day! At the running store, the guy brought out the shoes that should suit my knees the best and I just looked at him, "really, Nikes?" But, they are great and do not kill my knees! Cheers to training!




1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that you started a blog! I saw it on the side of Kayli's and was so excited. I'm so happy I get to keep up on your life now. if you want an invite to mine, email me at natalie.w.innes@gmail.com. PS the top of utah half is my favorite half marathon ever. running down blacksmith fork canyon is pure bliss! good luck with the training!

    ReplyDelete