Jason and I headed up to Pocatello a couple weekends ago to be with Ty on his big weekend! He is leaving for the Oklahoma City Mission on June 13th!! He had his farewell a few weeks early and we were happy to celebrate with him. The great thing about farewells, baptisms, blessings, homecomings, weddings, and etc is all of the awesome family time you get.
I love being with my extended family; mom and dad's side. We are lucky to have such great people to be around. We spent the weekend with my dad's side of the family AND it is ALWAYS a good time. We usually laugh until we cry (a lot). Get my dad and his brothers in a room and you will be rolling on the floor. My dad alone is pretty hilarious, but add Deric and Darin into the mix and it just gets plain outrageous.
We drove up Saturday after J's work, just in time for some good food and laughs. The boys did their manly thing and went and played basketball. J loves my athletic family, he soaks it all up. Us woman (and older men) played cards and ate chocolate at home. HAHA.
Sunday was a wonderful day. Ty is a fantastic kid and will do amazing on the mission. His farewell was heartfelt and filled with the Spirit. I was bawling like a baby. He did a phenomenal job. His parents have taught each of their kids to be well-rounded and Ty has excelled at it. He played the organ for a special musical number, it was wonderful. He gave a wonderful talk and his testimony radiated from him. He will definitely touch the lives in Oklahoma. I know I am not old, but Ty and Tanner leaving on missions makes me feel old. weird.
I was the appointed photographer for the weekend. I took some shots of the people there to celebrate with Ty. We love you, Ty. We are proud of you and know that you will be an amazing example of an obedient missionary to all of your companions.
Moral of the weekend- I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!
 |
| gross. |
 |
| siblings with their cute mom. |
 |
| daddy-daughter weekend |
 |
| Grammy Jean is notorious for closing her eyes.. |
 |
| Apparently we look alike, can you see the resemblance? HA. |
 |
| This is normal for them! |
 |
| Cousins that were there. |
 |
| Isn't my Grandma gorgeous?? |
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment