Yesterday, we had a great day at church. We were told 2 weeks ago that it was going to be fast sunday again on the 24th. We were out of town last week and I guess they had told the ward that fast sunday was switched until after Conference. Oh well. We fasted to get spiritually ready for Conference AND gratitude for all that we have been blessed with. It was Jason's idea. Fasting in gratitude is SO much easier for me. I did not want to eat, because I wanted to show the Lord I was grateful for all that I have been blessed with. So cool!
We had my cousins over for dinner last night! What a blast. I am not around Ravstens much, but we are dang funny when we all get together. HA! I love Tanner and Lauren. We were not too close growing up, but I have grown closer to them the past few years and I am one lucky person. Lauren is an incredible person with a lot of drive. Love her personality and sense of humor. Tanner reminds me so much of his dad, who is hilarious! He is going to be a great missionary. Thanks for filling my night with pure enjoyment. Gotta love the Ravsten's!
This morning, J made me an amazing breakfast with eggs, grapefruit, and toast. THEN, I came home to a hot dinner. I am lucky that I have a husband that understands the importance of service, 50/50 partnership, and how to show me he loves me. After a long day of classes, dinner was just what I needed.
Sometimes in life, you find yourself in situations that cause you pain. I found myself in that very situation a few years back. I did not know if life was going to ever be okay. I was convinced it wouldn't. But, I am living proof that life will get better if you stay close to the Lord and search for answers through prayer. I asked a few people that I am close with to help me with a paper I am writing right now. I asked them how they saw this experience affecting me. It was hard to read what they wrote, because I do not like re-hashing the pain I experienced. BUT, it was neat to see the growth in myself and see where I have come. Today, I am mostly grateful for the knowledge I have gained through the difficult experiences in life. I know that we do not always chose our trials, they are sometimes due to the actions of others, but nonetheless, it is an opportunity for growth and humility. I never thought I would look back in gratitude for the difficulties I have had. But, I am now.
"I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you." John 14:18.
Tonight, J and I read a conference talk entitled "Tongue of Angels" by Jeffrey R. Holland. It is about the importance of our language to our spouses and how we speak about ourselves. It is always good to be reminded of the little things we do daily that can enhance or weaken our relationship. Beautiful talk. Go read it with your spouse.
Brownie fest in t-minus 3 days! YUM!
I miss you! I'm expecting a visit from you when we are all settled in our new place.
ReplyDelete