Thursday, September 6

Top of Utah Half Marathon

Let me start off by saying, I am not known to be a runner. In high school, I was a sprinter and did the hurdles. I hate running long distances. Knowing this about myself, I was kind of nervous running 13.1 miles! I decided long before the race started that I was just going to finish- that was my goal. I wanted to go out and do the best I could, but not try to win.
The longest run I had this summer was 10 miles...on a treadmill...watching the Olympics. Let's be honest, the only reason I was running was to watch the Olympics. We don't have tv. Ha! Those 10 miles gave me confidence- maybe I can do this?

Well, the Top of Utah was AMAZING!!!! I loved the first 11 miles. As I was running, I was thinking, "wow, this is awesome. I cannot believe I am running and enjoying it." It was almost surreal. The last 2 miles were a killer. I started to get shooting pains up into my knees. I have TERRIBLE knees as it is. I had to limp my way through those miles. BUT, I FINISHED!!!!

I set a goal for myself to be at or around 2 hours. I beat my goal. I ran it in 1:49:00. I cannot complain about that! I loved the race so much, I am doing it next year...this time with my hubby. He has already agreed to it:)

Here are a few pics from that day...

J taking shots and supporting me!



I did it!! It's a big deal...for me.

Battle wounds.

Check that off my bucket list!



No comments:

Post a Comment