have TERRIBLE knees and I realized (again) on Saturday that hiking is not an activity that I should keep up with. It is so hard on my knees. I wasn't told much about the hike, i.e. steep, long, etc., so I just went for it. Well, it's steep, long, and it was really hot! I also am experiencing my monthly cycle right now and when that time hits I have ZERO energy. Hiking+no energy= slow hiking and wanting to cry. Ha! But, I persevered and was happy I did it. My knees hate me today, but oh well. It is off my bucket list of things to do!! wahoo.
Hiking is a great time to just walk and think. I did a lot of that yesterday. I am grateful for my loving and understanding husband. He has to deal with all of my health issues. It's hard on me, but I am sure its hard on him as well. He doesn't tell me if it is:)
I am grateful for a healthy body that is able to accomplish things I never thought possible. This summer has been great, physically and mentally. Accomplishing goals is a great mental booster for your self confidence. Love it!
I am grateful for family. Sometimes I feel lost in this crazy world with friends, but I am glad I have family to always be there to love and support me. That's what family is for, right?!
Here are a few shots...
| Ogden side from the top |
| Willard Peak |
| Ogden Valley side from the top |
![]() |
| Rocky trekked with us |
![]() |
| Smoked salmon & avocado were our hiking foods |









No comments:
Post a Comment