Wednesday, April 11

Easter Weekend: Zion's

Our Easter Weekend was awesome! We headed down with the Bakers, Zengers, and Gilberts. As Michael Diamond put it, " The Baker-Zenger-Gilbert team!" This team spends each Easter weekend down at Zion's enjoying the outdoors. It is a good time. We met up with Ricky and drove down after my class Thursday night. We got down there at midnight and set up our tent in the dark. Jason is a pro at it;) Our tent was tiny compared to the Baker kingdom. Ricky bought a cot this year to sleep on...he is getting old! It was the joke of the weekend.


On Friday, we mountain biked Gooseberry Mesa. I am not quite sure who was leading us, but we went on the most difficult route on the northbound rim. Double red diamond....It was insane! I thought I liked mountain biking, but that was not enjoyable. I walked about 40% of it. However, once we got to the point and headed back to the cars- that was awesome! The weather was perfect for a bike ride, a lot of us got sunburned.





He was mad b/c he lost his pedal. 

Twinners.







Friday was a day full of mountain biking. We came back for some dutch oven roast beef and hung out by the fire. When we all get together, there are a lot of laughs. Most of it was laughing at Devin and his singing. He is hilarious. Thanks, Devin. 
On Saturday, we slept in (as much as you can camping), J and I found a shower. It was dingy and nasty, but we got clean. It felt good. Camping is wonderful, but I enjoy being clean and smelling good:) We packed up some lunch and made our way up to Zion's Lodge. We played muff, frisbee, and football on the lawn. We ate lunch and started hiking Angel's Landing about 3pm. That is the perfect time of the day because we were one of the last groups up the hike. The weather was perfect! It was a great day to hike. 














This is my favorite pic. 




Lunch time. 

The crew

This was Ryan most of the weekend...He is in High School.

What a great Dad! 
Not a cloud in the sky
Cute!

Because it was Easter, we dyed Easter eggs. Mine are easy to spot, "I love J-Bake and bright pink Zion's." J's is the best though- he drew a cute easter bunny:) We also had a massive bucket of jelly belly's. Close your eyes and guess the flavor...yum;)

Devin ruins every picture. HA!










On Easter Sunday, we packed up all of our stuff and headed over to a park to do our Easter dutch oven dinner. The Baker-Zenger-Gilbert team knows how to eat well while camping; we had ham, cheesy veggies, bread, and fruit salad. SO GOOD! We played in the park for awhile and just enjoyed our time together. 

A pic of the crew before our egg hunt. Are we too old for this? I think... yes.



And one more pic of my cute husband. 
Modeling Backcountry in the outdoors:)





3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend. We were hiking in Zion's on Saturday. lOoks like we barely missed you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed a lot while reading this post. That sounds like a fun weekend! Paul and I plan on heading down that direction to the Canyonlands in about a month. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Ryan!! that is totally him for sure! ah, it looks like you guys had so much fun! we missed out for sure!

    ReplyDelete