Sunday, April 15

Date Night

For me, this week has mostly been focused on finals. The last day of classes were on Wednesday- so weird to think. This semester flew by! Did I really just finish my first year of grad school? Do I really only have one year left? NUTS! I am going to accomplish my lifelong goal of getting a masters in less than a year- WAHOOOOOOOOOO.
Finals officially started on Thursday for me. I had 5 finals to trudge through. 4 out of 5 have been wonderful, 90 or higher! I cannot complain about that. But, the devil of all tests is still to come. Stats has been super intense and has kicked my butt this semester. The midterm was ridiculous (we ALL thought that). It was SO hard. I hear the final is just the same :( Wish me luck. Tomorrow and Tuesday is going to be focused only on stats... sounds boring, right?! Yeah, it will be. If you need me, I will be in the library studying stats. Shoot me now:)

I am all about balancing my life. I think it is important to have a little bit of everything on a daily basis- spiritual, emotional, mental, and social. This semester has been wonderful, full of the social aspect. We have made a lot of really great friends down here in Provo. Our ward has been full of great people that we have come to truly love. It seemed like every weekend was packed with a new adventure with a different group of friends. I can't complain, I have loved it! If we were not on some trip with family/friends, then we were enjoying our time down here in Provo with friends. However, I began to notice that J and I's date night was more of hanging out with other friends or recuperating from the week. We have made it a goal to have a date night once a week, I want to establish this early on in our marriage so that when we (eventually) have kids that it will already be a priority for us. In Logan, we did a lot more one-on-one dates, which was wonderful. Provo has been full of group dates and fun times with friends.

However, this weekend was a nice change for us. Friday morning, J asked me out on a date for that night. Fun, huh?! I had to study all day for my two tests on Saturday, but I am generally a 8-5 type of girl. Once 5 o'clock hits, my brain shuts off from school and I give myself a break. Friday night, we made yummy Chipotle rice bowls for dinner. So good! Gotta love Pinterest:) Then we headed to the BYU bowling alley. They have a date night special, 2 games for $12. Not bad. We bowled, I think this is twice in our marriage that we have been bowling. J beat me both times- that is not surprising. At least I can still beat him at word games...That is my only saving grace.


Ferrin's nicknamed me "Randy," I do not know why:) 





After bowling, we headed over to the Smith's Redbox to see if there was anything good. Of course, there wasn't. So, we watched one of my favorites from our collection- Blindside, which was one of our first dates. Love that movie. 

Saturday, J got to go up and ski Snowbird. Lucky. He was getting face shots with champagne powder... while I am studying in the library all day. That doesn't sound fair. Dang finals! I think it has been over a month since I have skiied- no bueno. I took a final Saturday morning and studied all day for my substance abuse final that night at 8pm. I want to talk to the guy that scheduled a final that late at night, give him a piece of my mind. So dumb! And, on a Saturday??? After my final, I felt like my brain was jelly. So, J always wants an excuse to get out our air mattress and watch a movie in the living room. We pumped it up and watched Avatar. I mostly slept while J watched it, but it was another good night to just be together. 

Model pose. 
One more final and I am off to Colorado on Wednesday! I am excited to spend time with my family for a few days and take a break from school. I am in need of a little R&R. J has to stay home and study for his finals that are coming up in a few weeks- bummer! He will be missed by me, but mostly by my cute niece that is in-love with him. Annika loves her uncle J-Bake! 

We have officially decided that we are moving to Salt Lake in a few weeks. I never thought I would say this, but I am really sad to say bye to Provo and the great friends we have made here. Our life has been very transient since we got married; this will be our 4th time moving in a year and a half. Summer sales is great for the money, but I feel like we are constantly on the go. Provo will just be another chapter in our book of life- it has been wonderful! Thanks for the great memories :)




No comments:

Post a Comment