Saturday, July 14

July 4th!

I have had a lot of time to reflect on life these past few days and I have come to a conclusion.
 #1- I am really grateful for my testimony of the Gospel. It centers me amid the chaos of the world.
#2- I love my husband and find joy in our relationship. He is my best friend and cannot imagine life without J.
#3- Life is to be enjoyed, not endured. I think we have a chance every day to find a miracle in that day. When I slow down for a little bit, I can see the Lord's guiding hand in my life. But, I NEED to slow down to see it. I am grateful for those moments. I am trying to be more "in tune" with the Spirit and it's guidance. I need help to become who I should. So, I pray that I can accomplish all that I am supposed to.
#4- Life can take sudden turns. Be ready.

Here's to life and loving what you have TODAY! (Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!)

We were in Liberty for the 4th! I have heard about Liberty Days since I met Jason. I was looking forward to it. It was nice to see a small town celebrate, I grew up in the city, so I was fun for me! A whole slew of things- greased pig catch, muttin (?) bustin', fish catch, eating contests, and much more.

Our day started out REALLY early for a sweet ski run at Pineview. Thanks, Becky. (Can you tell we like waterskiing?? I LOVE IT!)







He hurt his wrist and was showing me the pain...ha.

After waterskiing, we hurried over to the Liberty Days Breakfast. There were a ton of people there. 



These are some of the events. HA!




He lost, but put up a good fight!

We spent some time with the Wadman's and got to play volleyball at their park. It was fun! We enjoyed Stephen's last dinner before the MTC. Steak, corn, potatoes, watermelon. After dinner, J and I went for a road bike ride! I am prepping for a race and he was willing to go with me. Kicked my butt after such a long day! I cannot wait until J has a road bike!!!! We got to be part of Sven's setting apart. He is now an Elder and entered the MTC last week! He is going to be a great missionary. 
Officially an elder!

This is the view from Old Snowbasin Road.



Double-fistin' it. 



Liberty Days is not official until you see the fireworks. They were GREAT! They play music and the fireworks are right above your head. It was really neat. I am grateful for our freedom in this country!







1 comment: