Tuesday, April 2

27th Birthday...woof.

27?! I feel like that sounds SO old. Am I really 27?! I almost cannot believe it. I had a small quarter-life crisis around my birthday time. I know it sounds odd. But, I have done a lot in my short 27 years of life...I have to continue to tell myself that.

I was lucky to have a week long celebration with friends and family. The Saturday before, we went out to my favorite Vietnamese restaurant with the Diamond's and Gilbert's. I didn't document that, but it is always a good time with that crew.


Necessary shopping splurge
My birthday was on a Tuesday. My friends from my MSW program took my out to lunch to the best place ever, Cafe Rio! My hub always says, "I don't know how you do not get sick of that place." I could eat there every day. I did a little shopping for myself that day, bought a few shirts and necklaces. Jewelry is always a necessary evil.
Cafe Rio with MSW friends
 J and I decided to splurge a little and we headed to The Melting Pot to celebrate. It was both our first times eating there. It was quite the experience of 2.5 hours. We were stuffed, it almost hurt to breathe! Ha.



My man busted out my favorite cake!

YUM!!


My grandma is always nice to take my out for a shopping day and dinner. She is great! She took J and I to the Cheesecake Factory. I can't complain. Afterwards, we met up with the Holtby's for the best ice cream ever- LEATHERBY'S! I sound like a fat kid, I am at heart!! Also, the Baker's took us out to Olive Garden Friday night to celebrate as well! Lots of food was involved in my celebrations. Can you tell what I like?? Ha!

What a good week of celebrations! It is always nice to know that you are loved around your birthday. I do not take any of that for granted. I am expecting my 27th year to be full of changes....here's to hoping!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great birthday full of yummy yummy food! I had a little crisis when I turned 27 too. :)

    ReplyDelete