Monday, January 2

Christmas 2011

This past year we headed out to the east coast. We made a stop in Virginia and stayed with Todd and Kayli Gilbert. Kayli helped me start it but I never found time to actually sit down and right something. I wanted to blog about our whole east coast trip. It was fantastic! Maybe I will get around to it...one day.

So, here I am sitting down over Christmas break watching football and writing my first post. We will see how it goes...

Our Christmas celebrations started back at the beginning of December, we had an awesome Bingo party with the Gilberts and Zengers! It is always a good time with them! We had a white elephant exchange, we ended up with some real treasures;) I am really grateful for these two families, I have loved getting to know them and being part of their lives.
I was in charge of the Christmas party for the MSW group. We played another riveting game of Xmas with white elephant gifts and it was SOOOOOOO fun!!! I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. Ugly sweater contest and all. It was a really great turn out. I love everyone that I go to school with!
This is the whole group.
A few ugly sweaters and great people.

We also had the Masters party with the Bakers, Downs, and Gilberts. It was awesome to see Todd and Kayli!! That is a tradition for the Bakers and it was fun to get together with everyone.
Among the whole holiday running around, we made our way up to Logan to hang out with Doves, Morbys, and Wadmans. It has been wonderful to all be married and get together. We love spending time with these three couples. We are all so different but it is really fun. We ate great soup made by Colie and Heather. Then, we played games and exchanged gifts. We have decided to get together every June for a little weekend getaway, this is a new tradition we would like to implement with all of us.


We had a family Christmas party with the Bakers before we left. Cindy made a yummy breakfast and then we exchanged gifts. They treated us really well. J got a back country ski pack and I got a biking jersey!! They are great!


Christmas has been great! We came to Colorado about two weeks ago for a doctors appointment for me. Then, we headed up to the mountains with my family for a stay in a gorgeous mountain home. We were there for 6 days and enjoyed a lot of good food and company. Jason, my brothers, and I skiied at Keystone the second day we were there. We have decided that Jason is our bad luck, haha, because one again it was REALLY cold, windy, and no snow. That seems to be the trend when he comes out to ski in Colorado. I swear it is not like that all the time.
We had planned on skiing more days than that but because the condition were not great and were not getting any better, we decided to opt out of skiing and come up with other ideas to do. We played lots of games and ate yummy food!
We also went ice skating with the girlies. They were not too sure about it at first, but the longer we were out there, the more they enjoyed it. We put all the kids in the sled and pushed them around. It was a very pretty setting, a Christmas tree lit up on the ice with music playing. As the sun started to set, it got REALLY cold!! So, we called it quits.

Mandi, Sheener, and I spoiled ourselves and got massages. That should be a tradition for me after every semester of grad school. Haha. It was more important for the moms to get out and relax, it was good for them.
Jason made his amazing pumpkin pancakes for my family. They loved them. It is a little tradition we love to do over the holidays. J is a good baker!;)
Christmas time is great, but it is absolutely hilarious when there are children involved! They were very patient in waiting for all of us to wake up. Santa definitely treated them well!
After all the presents had been opened
The girlies were waiting patiently.

It was chaos after the girlies got a hold of all the presents! It was great to watch. 
My parents treated us very well too, they bought us a new Nikon D5100 camera!! We were so excited to get it. We got a bag to go with it. This trip has been spent reading the book about it and trying to get the hang of it. It was a great time up at the mountain house. 

After coming home to Parker after Keystone, I got strep throat. I made it to the doctors and got on an antibiotic and was cleared up in a day! We played a lot of hand & foot and skipbo with the family. We went and saw Sherlock Holmes 2 and loved it.  Jason was able to experience his first concert in a great manner. We were on the 8th row of Trans-Siberian Orchestra!! Needless to say, he loved it! 



My parents also treated Christian, Sheener, J, and I to the Nuggets/Jazz game! We were on the 8th row as well. It was insane being that close to the court. J was frustrated that the Jazz did not play well, but it was still fun. There has been a lot of relaxing and just enjoying time together as a family. We will not be together again until Lake Powell....sad day. But, it is what makes the holidays so great, spending time with family. 
The only unfortunate thing about spending time with family is having to say good-bye. The next semester of grad school, online classes, internships, and all that it entails begins in two days...bring it on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment